Podcast #11: Leaps of faith and finding work/family balance with Bob and Linda Lotich
One of the greatest parts of this podcast for us is getting to connect with other inspiring, like-minded couples, and this podcast was no exception.
Ryan first connected with Bob on a bundle project early last fall, and then I met both Bob and Linda briefly at a conference in October. We were both impressed with the work they had done to build up their blog, ChristianPF.com, into their family’s sole source of income.
What I love about their story is how they’ve bravely jumped into this lifestyle of being entrepreneurs, even though it was never the original plan, and in the midst of a difficult layoff. Their quick success with the blog is testimony to their hard work and especially Bob’s tenacity in testing, experimenting and learning how he could best optimize the site and maximize their revenue.
I know you’re going to be inspired by hearing their story, so let’s get right to it…
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Bob and his wife Linda took a huge leap of faith following a lay-off; and how through his blog, Bob was able to surpass his old income in just 9 months
- How trust has played a huge role in Bob and Linda’s success — from their trust in each other, to the trust that Bob has built with readers
- What it really feels like in the earliest days as an entrepreneur (Hint: A lot like hacking through the jungle with a machete!)
- How Bob has built readership over time, and the tools the pair have used to continue to grow their website
- That Bob wasn’t always great with finances!
- A look at Bob and Linda’s evolving schedule, especially now that they’ve added a baby to their family
- Bob and Linda’s advice for finding work/family balance
- How Bob has learned to see past inevitable business plateaus
- How the family is enjoying the freedom of being entrepreneurs– from embracing travel, to each sunny day.
- And the first-ever appearance of a baby on this podcast. Hi Alden!
Resources from this podcast:
I will Teach You to Be Rich — podcasts from Ramit Sethi
The Smart Passive Income Podcast — from Pat Flynn
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
As well as our ever-growing page of resources.
Find Bob and Linda
ChristianPF — Bob’s blog, Christian Personal Finance
“Fear creeps up on you — Is this really going to work? Is this real going to happen? And having a support behind you that really believes in you is such an amazing thing.” ~ Bob Lotich
Go ahead and listen by clicking on the play button right here at the top of the post.
Or, listen directly through iTunes or Stitcher!
Thanks for joining us for today’s podcast!
Have you taken a leap of faith in your entrepreneurial journey?
Join our EntreTribe
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.